I finally finished the February garment. I made McCalls 4097 view A. It was easy to make and I would consider making another one if I can get the size right. I did make a few changes to the pattern. On the pattern, the sleeves and the bottom of the top have a split seam. I decided to just sew to the end and leave the split out. I also added an extra inch to the length of the sleeves and two inches to the length of the top.
The top looks a little big but since the fabric is a cotton blend, it should hopefully shrink a little when washed. I'm not sure about that neckline. It's too big for my tastes. My bra straps show on both sides. The neckline could have been adjusted by 1 1/2 inches on both sides. Next time I'll have to adjust the neckline. Since I'm not the best sewer, I wonder if there's a way to add a fake collar.
I'm always trying to figure out the front from the back on round neck shirts. However, I'm sensitive to scratchy labels. So I decided to stitch a design on the back facing. It looks kind of cute. May have to make that my signature label for everything else I sew.
I don't know what my next project will be. Maybe a skirt. I won't have to worry about visible bra straps or giant leg pants.